Insight Vision has continually been at the forefront of bringing the best technology to our markets. We were the first to introduce the Optomap retinal photography to both the Cedar Rapids and Des Moines areas. This revolutionary machine allows the doctors to take a picture of the back of a patient’s eye to screen for retinal and systemic disease without the need for dilation. Needless to say, this was a great success, which has now been followed by many other practices in the area.
We also offer:
- Emergency eye care for eye injuries and infections
- Eye examinations for infants & children
- Bifocal, color, and astigmatism contact lenses
- Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT): contacts are worn while you sleep that enable you to see during the day without wearing contacts or glasses
- Medical eye care, including cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetes.
Optomap Retinal Scan
The Optomap ultra-wide digital retinal imaging system captures more than 80% of your retina in one panoramic image. The Optomap Retinal Exam is a valuable tool when used by your doctor to educate you about your health and wellness. It provides an opportunity to interactively review and discuss the results of your exam.
The Optomap is particularly helpful when you return for your annual exam as it provides a permanent record of the condition of your retina. Your doctor will compare each year’s Optomap image side by side to discover even subtle changes and monitor your continuing eye health. Although dilation is not required to take the photo, your doctor may still require dilation as part of your comprehensive eye examination.